We have introduced a number of different leader board options to
stimulate some competition amongst our system designers and to
provide some different perspectives on system performance.
Adjust the duration of time that a system reports stats
- User Defined: This is the old default time period which
is defined by the system's creator.
- Since Creation: This option allows you to see how the
system has performed since it was created. It's fairly easy
to reverse engineer a winning system but can it perform in the
- Last 3 Months: This will give an indication of the recent
performance of a system. Many systems have been running
successfully for years and are profitable over time but how are
they doing lately?
New staking options to play with:
- Flat Staking: This is our old default. It's been
updated to reflect flat bets of $50 on every selection.
- Proportional Staking: Assumes a starting bank of
$1000. You bet to win 5% of your bank. If a horse is
paying $3 and your bank is $1000 you would be betting to win
$50. So a wager of $25 would be required. The next
runner would be calculated on a bank of $1050 or $975 depending on
the previous result. Maximum bet is $1000.
- Kelly Staking: This is a method for the hard core punters
out there. Our rules implement "1/4 Kelly" with a starting
bank of $1000 and a maximum bet of $1000. For a basic
explanation of this staking philosophy and a handy bet calculator
For a thorough run down: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_criterion